New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday reportedly assured producer Mukesh Bhatt of safe release of ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ which faces the threat from the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) for having cast a Pakistani artiste.
“Rajnath Singh has told us that he is with us and he will speak to all chief ministers to ensure there is no violence,” media reports quoted Bhatt as saying after he met the Home Minister.
“I came here as a very concerned and unsure person. I have come back a very relaxed man after the meeting,” Bhatt told reporters.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo, who accompanied the producers, flayed Raj Thackeray’s MNS for issuing threats over the release of the film threatening to vandalise cinemas and block the film.
The MNS and a section of Bollywood have said that given the repeated attacks by Pakistani terrorists, which have resulted in the death of a number of Indian soldiers, Pak artistes should be banned from working in the film industry.
‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’, directed by Karan Johar, stars popular Pak actor Fawad Khan.
The film also features Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma, among others.
Earlier this week, Johar released a video statement declaring “for me, my country comes first. Nothing else matters but my country”.
He expressed a “deep sense of hurt and pain” by the charge of being anti-national.
Comments are closed.