Kabul: At least 60 people have been killed or injured in the vehicle blast which rocked Kabul on Wednesday morning, reports said.
Afghan Ministry of Interior spokesman Najib Danish said that a suicide bomber detonated a vehicle filled with explosives.
The incident took place close to the Zanbaq square in the 10th police district of the city.
Local Tolo news reported that the explosion took place near the German embassy. However, some other media reports said it was near the Indian embassy.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who’s in Spain on a state visit, has condemned the Kabul blast.
“We strongly condemn the terrorist blast in Kabul. Our thoughts are with the families of the deceased & prayers with the injured,” the Prime Minister’s tweet read.
Extending solidarity, PM Modi said, “India stands with Afghanistan in fighting all types of terrorism. Forces supporting terrorism need to be defeated.”
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tweeted: ” By God’s grace, Indian embassy staff are safe in the massive Kabul blast.”
Similar incidents have taken place in Afghanistan in the past few months.
Earlier this month, at least eight people were killed after militants targeted a NATO convoy while it was passing the US embassy.
No group has claimed responsibility so far.